Since its inception, A-Plus Meetings & Incentives has pursued a mission to create unforgettable meetings and events with a full-service approach to strategic meeting planning and budget management that relies upon our deep knowledge of technology and our commitment to exceptional service.
Founded by the late Patty Klein and her partner, Jay Klein, A-Plus built a world-class team of professionals who specialize in corporate meeting planning, meeting management, budgeting, and technology development and application. Our team is diverse, but we all share a commitment to the A-Plus Way – a willingness to roll up our sleeves and make the customer experience the best it can be.
Any meeting solution can get a client 80% of what is needed for a successful meeting event, but it is providing the remaining 20% of the requirements that makes A-Plus stand out in the marketplace. That last 20% represents our clients unique needs and requirements – needs and constraints that might otherwise involve making compromises and trade-offs. But not with A-Plus — we deliver custom solutions to events planning and management that address unique needs and do so under budget. A-Plus builds strong, strategic partnerships with all of our clients. Any tool can get you 80% of what you need for a successful event, but A-Plus provides 100% of what clients need without compromise.
Patty Klein, our founder and inspiration, passed away in September 2018. A-Plus Meetings & Incentives lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world lost an amazing human being. Patty had a unmatched passion for customer service and left a remarkable legacy in A-Plus Meetings & Incentives. Patty had an amazing ability to make each individual feel like they were the most important person in the world and became a dear friend to clients and associates alike.
Keeping her memory alive, every staff member lives by the credo “WWPD”….”What Would Patty Do”? There is no better guide for our company as we move forward.
Ernst & Young Winning Woman Entrepreneur
Certified Meeting Planner
In addition to his work with clients, Jay oversees production/audio-visual, budgets, billing and general consulting. He has 15 years of experience in meeting planning and 25 years in travel and travel-related businesses. Before founding A-Plus, he was a Senior Engagement Manager for McKinsey & Company. He holds a Master of Business Administration from the Wharton School of Business, as well as a Master of Science in Industrial Engineering and a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering from the University of Michigan.
Heather joined A-Plus after 17 years as an A-Plus client, and she brings a fresh perspective to the business. She has spent most of her career in sales and marketing including nearly 18 years at Staples, Inc., as Vice President of Marketing for Staples Business Advantage, where she and her team managed dozens of meetings and events every year. Heather is known for developing strategies that drive growth and create customer engagement, as well as for her leadership and ability to develop high performing teams. Heather received a Bachelor of Science in Marketing from Boston College.
Director of Operations
Since joining A-Plus in the Data, Design & Technology team 20 years ago, Martin has spent most of his time as the manager of that team. In his current role of Director of Operations, he spreads the A-Plus Way throughout the company. A self-proclaimed Excel geek, he continues to be passionate about both event technology and the critical role of well-managed attendee data in executing events. Having grown up in Cambridge, England, he brings a calm head and dry wit to proceedings.
Manager, Meeting & Incentive Planning Department
Certified Meeting Planner
Nicole Gutierrez, is a Certified Meetings Professional who boasts a diverse career, beginning in the high-stress world of New York’s Wall Street brokerage firms, where she gained a foundation of professionalism, attention to detail, and the ability to keep cool under pressure.
After transitioning to Miami, Nicole entered the world of event management where she has excelled for two decades, specializing in meetings and incentive planning within corporate and law firm marketing departments before delving into third party event management. Since joining A-Plus Meeting & Incentives, Nicole has showcased her unique ability to bridge the corporate and event worlds in planning and executing large-scale conferences, meetings, incentives, and tradeshows, consistently meeting clients’ objectives while delivering engaging attendee experiences.
In her recent role as the head of planning at A-Plus Meetings & Incentives, Nicole leads our dynamic team of planners through her innate passion for people and a relentless work ethic. Nicole is driven by client service and an unwavering commitment to excellence, continuing the legacy of Patty Klein in inspiring planners to anticipate clients’ needs, and craft memorable, flawless event experiences.